Life Lessons From Mayberry Overview
Life Lessons From Mayberry
You won’t want to miss the opportunity to join us at Ridgecrest for this great event celebrating of the biblical truths and life applications found in The Andy Griffith Show.
- Fun-filled Bible studies based on favorite episodes
- Powerful preaching and worship
- Mayberry Tribute Artists Lunch
- Maybery Orchestra Concert
Discover a Mayberry State of Mind
We’d all like to live in Mayberry, wouldn’t we? We yearn for its slow pace and easy-going charm. We admire the loyal friendships and relish its true southern hospitality. We appreciate the joy its citizens find in life’s innocent pleasures. And we respect the fact that in the end, people in Mayberry just treat each other right.
Sadly, we can’t live in a fictional town. But we sophisticated residents of 2014 can learn a thing or two from our 1960’s-black-and-white-sitcom friends. Because when we fast-forward 54 years, we see that human nature hasn’t changed. We still deal with some of the same daily challenges. We still struggle with personal shortcomings. We still have imperfect relationships. We still want our faith to be stronger.
For four days, we’ll take you back to Mayberry. Yes, we’ll laugh and sing and enjoy sweet fellowship. But the genius of The Andy Griffith Show is that the essential life lessons it offers us are amazingly tied to God’s Word. Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind, memorable event that’s rich in inspiration, warm in nostalgia, and steeped in fun.
To make reservations for this great event please call 1.800.588.7222
Episodes subject to change without notice.
These free downloads are available to help you promote this great event with your church and friends.
Life Lessons from Mayberry Promotional Bulletin Insert
“If you’re a fan of “The Andy Griffith Show” consider attending this conference next year. It is a wonderful time spent with some great Christian people examining episodes and applying them biblically. Three days of feeling loved on in beautiful surroundings. You’ll come away refreshed and with a renewed faith.”—Teri Williams, Hermitage, Tennessee
“This week is a time of peace and happiness that you share while we’re and then take home to carry through your daily life.”—Nina Partridge, Covington, Georgia
“I felt the Lord’s presence in the participants and the content of the sessions was an awakening to the witness of [The Andy Griffith] show.”—William D. Forbes, Virginia Beach, Virginia
“This is my fourth visit. Each one gets a little better. I met many nice people. The food was excellent. I look forward to next year.”—Letha Miller, Immokalee, Florida
“The breakouts, of course, brought on a little nostalgia, but as I saw Mayberry as a young child originally, I viewed them for enjoyment/entertainment only. The leaders have done such an excellent job of helping me to see the depth of the story within. It has been excellent in every respect.”—Donna Hudson, Newton, Mississippi
“So encouraging to be with other believers (and Andy Griffith/Mayberry lovers) from all walks of life, all over the U.S.!”—Carol Mullis, Monroe, North Carolina
“Refreshing, encouraging, inspiring. Ready to go home and apply what I learned. Was down when I came . . . going home UP!”—Linda Litchfield, Greenville, Texas
“Good, down-to-earth life applications. Very easy to apply episodes to everyday life. I had seen many of The Andy Griffith Show episodes, but had never gleaned the scriptural connection. Well done.”—Dan Clayton, Aiken, South Carolina
“I had the most wonderful time. The lesson “Sermon for Today” on how to slow down really made me think about my life—take time and enjoy.”—Robin Vaughan, Brookhaven, Mississippi
“I really didn’t know what to expect but this event was life-changing. I’ve learned so much from Life Lessons From Mayberry.”—Barbara Marsh, Richland, Washington
“This is the second year for our group. It was so enjoyable last year, we decided to come back again this year. Well, we were not let down. The Christian values enforced throughout the breakout sessions were excellent! Everyone was so helpful and friendly.”—Sandra K. Bauduin, Summerton, South Carolina
“I have watched [The Andy Griffith Show] all my life and after this conference I will definitely watch them in a different way . . . looking for the spiritual message in each one.”—Sarilda Clark, Cannel City, Kentucky
“The worship services and music were very inspiring and meaningful. All of the sessions were excellent—the leaders were well prepared and so warm and personable.”—Nancy Mikell, LaGrange, Georgia
A Few Things to Note Before You Arrive…
• Get ready! Our schedule for these four days is jam-packed (but fun!) because we want to give you a lot of value for your money.
• Festivities kick off with an orchestra concert Sunday (9/21) at 4 pm - featuring hymns and songs from The Andy Griffith Show (TAGS), and patriotic numbers. Dinner will follow, before we end for the day.
• During the event you will have nine opportunities to attend breakout sessions (episodes). You can choose and attend three episodes during the day on Monday and Tuesday, and once on Wednesday. Monday and Tuesday evenings, we’ll also offer one big “Episode Extra”- one different episode per night- for anyone who wants to attend one more after dinner.
• Worship services will be mid-morning each day - Monday - Wednesday.
• You are invited to participate in the Mayberry Volunteer Choir and sing in our worship services. These will be fun songs from The Andy Griffith Show. You don’t have to be a great singer; you just have to enjoy music. When you get on campus, check for rehearsal times and locations.
• On Tuesday, we’ll enjoy “Lunch with Mayberry Tribute Artists.” You’ll like the tableside visits from Gomer, Goober, Mayor Pike, Barney and Thelma Lou, Floyd the Barber, Ernest T. Bass, Briscoe Darling, and Ernest T. Bass. Plus, there will be photo opps afterward. And the Mayberry squad car returns- a perfect backdrop for these fun pictures.
• Event T-Shirts will be for sale. Sorry, we can only accept checks or cash .
• Additional Mayberry-related items will be for sale in the LifeWay Christian Store on the Ridgecrest campus. It’s open until 5:30 pm daily.
• Evenings and mornings may be a little cool, so bring a jacket. Bring comfy walking shoes, too. Dress is casual - whatever’s comfortable.
• Your fee of $295 per person (based on double occupancy) is all-inclusive and includes three nights lodging on campus, eight meals, and the conference. There are no other expenses unless you buy something in the bookstore, vending, a T-shirt, or something from one of the featured guests.
• Because this is a Christian conference center, there are no televisions in the guest rooms, so that you can get away from the distractions of life. A Fellowship Room on each floor has a television with limited channel selections.
• Please check out of your room on Wednesday morning, September 24th, before you attend the last breakout session. Allow time for this before or after breakfast.
Posted in: Adults Senior Adults